Top 10 Benefits of Having A New Roof Installed
The quintessential need for shelter has been of a cardinal importance to mankind ever since our evolution from apes to Homo sapiens. This necessity has led us onto many quests and has opened our eyes myriad ways of finding shelter. The early men took shelter in whatever crude dwelling or cave they could find but as time progressed, we pursued towards building our own shelters for us calling them houses.
Today, standing on the threshold of the 21st century, having witnessed a huge boom in the field of architecture and design, the ideas of house designing has had a radical improvement. Houses today are more scientifically constructed, built to withstand more than most of Mother Nature’s wrath.
Even the simplest of houses comprises four walls and a roof to protect the people inside from rain, storm and hail. We often tend to overlook the most important part of our house which needs regular maintenance that is, the roof. The stability of the roof has a detrimental impact on the stability of the entire house per se. Since the roof strengthens the entire structure, it is quintessential that the roof is restored or even changed for that matter to ensure the safety of the occupants.
The scary fact is that the roof of your house could be getting damaged at a micro level! The damage caused by moss and algae makes up a cardinal portion of roof damage called micro-damage. These microorganisms eat up the roof structure from the inside making it extremely weak and prone to collapsing.
If this has raised the hair on your spine forcing you on the frantic search of how to be aware of the symptoms of a weakened roof, well, your search is now over.
What To Look Out For?
- Keep a look out for missing roof tiles or chunks of concrete, curling shingles or other signs of wear and tear. These often lead to a weakening of the roof as the damage starts expanding and ultimately corrodes the entire roof.
- Check for the growth of moss, algae or fungus. These micro organisms are the cardinal cause behind immense damage to the integrity of the roof and thus a periodic check up is detrimental.
- Rusting of metals is another significant cause behind the deterioration of roof quality. Prevention of stagnation of water is the best way to keep it in check.
- Excess debris on the roof can often also significant roof damage.
The point of argument now becomes that whether to restore the damaged parts or to go for a full-scale roof installment? Well, the answer lies in the form of a question which is whether you want a temporary but cheap fix to this humongous problem or a permanent but a slightly costly way of fixing this issue.
While addressing a problem this big, I believe it not only necessary but also essential that we invest in a permanent solution considering the fact that the lives of our loved ones are at stake in this predicament of the roof collapsing. I personally believe that the project of installing new roofs should not necessarily be an individual effort but rather a government effort for those who cannot afford to do so. The major intricacies related to roof installment are best explained at roofing Toronto.
Benefits of Installing A New Roof
- Value of Property: Installing a new roof has a drastic impact on reselling your house as a new roof makes the house an easy sell.
- Resale Value: A new roof increases the resale value of even an old house by 30%.
- Exterior Appeal: As per experienced realtors, about 40% of the exterior appeal of a house is directly linked to the appeal of the roof.
- Energy Saving: In case of a leaking roof, your HVAC system has to work twice as hard to keep the room at a desired temperature which in turn exhausts a lot of energy.
- Cost Cutting: The fact that a new roof allows your HVAC system to work efficiently in turns reduces the energy spent and hence the digits in your electricity bill also reduces.
- Health Benefits: A new roof also prevents the growth of micro organisms like moss and algae and thus keep the diseases incurred due to them at bay.
- Safety : Prolonging the replacement of a dilapidated roof can often lead to collapsing and safety hazards to the occupants of the house.
- Technological Advancement: With the advancement of technology, new roof come equipped with state of the art technology like solar panels and even anti frosting technology.
- Looks: Your new roof can now even come with a skylight installed letting you enjoy the view of the starry sky at night.
- Peace Of Mind: New roofs are extremely durable and even come with a warranty and thus you can rest assured that it is going to keep you safe within the four walls of your house.
Therefore we see how having a new roof installed is extremely beneficial and even better than restoration. It benefits weigh over the cost incurred in the process and therefore it is recommended to anyone suffering from the problems of a deteriorating roof condition so as to prevent even greater problems in the future. Roofers Toronto are always ready to surprise you with their innovative ideas regarding roofing as soon as you choose to call them. Call today!